The Federation of International Civil Servants' Associations (FICSA) is pleased to announce that a FICSA workshop for staff representatives on mental health will be held at UNAIDS in Geneva on 2 and 3 October. The workshop will be conducted in English by an experienced trainer from the UK.
The course was requested by the Standing Committee on Social Security/OHS at the 70th FICSA Council to ensure that staff representatives have the requisite capacity to advocate and support a mentally healthy workplace, in particular the capability to address the fear, stigma and misunderstanding of mental health issues. It is currently being developed by the trainer specifically for FICSA and will cover the following topics:
- Mental health – Myths and facts (to develop an understanding of mental health and common mental health conditions)
- Employer policies (to clarify areas for development/improvement in employer policies)
- Diversity and mental health (how diversity issues affect mental health; its implication for staff association/union members; and consider cultural views of mental health)
- Mental health and sickness absence (current procedures, including staff health insurance)
- Work-related stress (causes and consequences)
- Organizational change and mental health (impact of organizational change on mental health, including implications of short-term contracts and contract renewal)
- Organizing and supporting members in and out of the workplace (the role of the staff association/union in supporting members on mental health issues as well as organizing and campaigning in the workplace on mental health issues)
- Your own mental health wellbeing (the impact the role of being a staff representative has on mental health wellbeing and consider approaches to maintaining mental health wellbeing).
This workshop is for staff representatives only and is provided free-of-charge for FICSA dues-paying members.*
For other staff representatives from non-FICSA member organizations the fees are as follow:
- CHF 200 per person;
- For members with consultative or observer status, a 30 per cent discount would be applied.
The Workshop timetable, along with information on hotel accommodation, will be sent directly to the participants upon confirmation of their participation.
To sign up please use theattached application form. Nominations should be signed by the President/Chair of the local staff association/union and sent to the FICSA Secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org by the above-mentioned deadline. Seats will be confirmed on a first-come first-served basis, irrespective of the duty station of assignment. The number of participants is limited to 20. Therefore, it is advisable to register well in advance of the deadline.
ALL TRAVEL-RELATED EXPENSES AND DSA MUST BE COVERED BY THE INDIVIDUAL STAFF ASSOCIATION/UNION OR ADMINISTRATION.
* BIOVERSITY - CERN - CTBTO - ECB - ESO - FAO (GS staff) – The Global Fund - IAEA - IARC – ICAO - ICCO – ICO - IDLO - IFAD - ILO/ITC Turin - IMO - IOC - IOM - IPU – ISSN - ITER - ITU - OPCW - OSCE - PAHO - SCBD - UNAIDS - UNESCO - UNFCCC - UNLB – UNRWA Lebanon - UNWTO - UPU - WDO - WHO - WIPO – WMO - WTO/OMC.