74th FICSA Council
FICSA urges its members to get involved in discussions on technological and organizational changes
Earlier this month, the Federation of International Civil Servants' Association (FICSA) held its first ever virtual Annual Council. With peaks of over a hundred attendees, members, observers and guests - a record high for the FICSA Council - many highlighted both FICSA's long history and its profound commitment to staff representation.
"When we met in London last February for our 73rd Council, none of us could have imagined the impact Covid-19 has had on our world." said FICSA President Tanya Quinn-Maguire in her opening statement. "We all had to adapt to this new reality: the fact that we are here today is proof we have succeeded. As we formally open the first virtual Council, we want to acknowledge the importance of all contributions throughout what was a difficult year. We are also very happy to welcome colleagues who may not have been able to attend an in-person Council."
The FICSA President was joined at the opening of the Council by International Civil Service Commission Chair, Mr. Larbi Djacta, and High-Level Committee for Management Vice-chair Kelly Clements. They briefed attendees on the ongoing activities and future plans for their respective high-level bodies and responded to questions submitted by the membership.
Quick link to important meeting resources:
- Plenary Programme
- Opening Statement and Q&A from the ICSC Chair
- Opening Statement and Q&A from the HLCM Vice-Chair
- 74th FICSA Council Report
- Index of Decisions from the 74th FICSA Council
- 2020/2021 Executive Committee Report
- Candidates for Election to the FICSA Executive Committee and Regional Representatives
- FICSA for Newcomers presentation
- Schedule of Meetings, Agenda and CRPs
- 74th FICSA Council Committee Reports
- Meeting Resources
- Reporting back - Index of Decisions from 73rd FICSA Council