Within delegated authority and under the supervision of the FICSA General Secretary, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Adheres to standard operating procedures regarding office administration to ensure smooth and efficient information flow, effective office and record management, and administrative support to supervisors through the use of the digital and functional base classification filing system; including:
- confidential handling of sensitive information, drafting simple communications, coordinating receipt of responses, monitoring, follow-up and flagging processes and schedules to supervisors and Executive Committee members;
- general assistance to FICSA Members when requested, channels complex requests to relevant ExCom member for response.
- Manages and organizes travel and logistics including hotel and air-ticket reservations, prepares and submits or processes administrative requests/documents (e.g., travel requests/authorizations including the DSA, expense claims, vouchers, visa applications, etc.) for supervisors and Executive Committee members, and office supply and equipment orders.
- Provides administrative support and works on FICSA activities and services (meetings, training workshops, etc.), special projects and events, FICSA Councils.
- Assists the Information Officer in managing surveys/questionnaires carried out by FICSA.
- Assists in the research, compilation and summary of background materials for use in the preparation of reports, briefs, speeches, etc.
- Keeps standard operating procedures up to date and suggests improvements to work processes. Documents missing processes and procedures for business continuity and future use.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of general office and administrative support including administrative policies, processes and procedures. Knowledge of staff representation activities within the UN Common System. Excellent organizational skills; initiative, dependability, and accuracy. Demonstrable tact and discretion in relations with external parties; aptitude for processing enquiries from FICSA’s Membership. Ability to manage day-to-day office activities (including but not limited to travel management, facilities and asset management, policy and procedures maintenance) to meet operational needs and perform a broad range of office administrative functions. Ability to apply knowledge of various United Nations administrative, financial and human resources rules and regulations in work situations. Ability to identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients " and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors on-going developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.