Deadline for applications:
The Federation of International Civil Servants' Associations (FICSA) is pleased to announce that a FICSA workshop for staff representatives on mental health will hosted by the IMO Staff Association in London on 6 and 7 November and conducted in English by an experienced trainer from the UK.
The course was developed especially for FICSA to ensure that staff representatives have the requisite capacity to advocate and support a mentally healthy workplace, in particular the capability to address the fear, stigma and misunderstanding of mental health issues. The following topics will be addressed:
- Mental health – Myths and facts (to develop an understanding of mental health and common mental health conditions)
- Employer policies (to clarify areas for development/improvement in employer policies)
- Diversity and mental health (how diversity issues affect mental health; its implication for staff association/union members; and consider cultural views of mental health)
- Mental health and sickness absence (current procedures, including staff health insurance)
- Work-related stress (causes and consequences)
- Organizational change and mental health (impact of organizational change on mental health, including implications of short-term contracts and contract renewal)
- Organizing and supporting members in and out of the workplace (the role of the staff association/union in supporting members on mental health issues as well as organizing and campaigning in the workplace on mental health issues)
- Your own mental health wellbeing (the impact the role of being a staff representative has on mental health wellbeing and consider approaches to maintaining mental health wellbeing).
- CHF 300 per person;
- For members with consultative or observer status, a 30 per cent discount would be applied.
This workshop is for staff representatives only and is provided free-of-charge for FICSA dues-paying members.
For other staff representatives from non-FICSA member organizations the fees are as follow:
The Workshop timetable, along with a document on general and hotel information, will be sent directly to the participants upon confirmation of their participation.
ALL TRAVEL-RELATED EXPENSES AND DSA MUST BE COVERED BY THE INDIVIDUAL STAFF ASSOCIATION/UNION OR ADMINISTRATION.
BIOVERSITY - CERN - CTBTO - ECB - ESO - FAO (GS staff) – The Global Fund - IAEA - IARC – ICAO - ICCO – ICO - IDLO - IFAD - ILO/ITC Turin - IMO - IOC - IOM - IPU – ISSN - ITER - ITU - OPCW - OSCE - PAHO - SCBD - UNAIDS - UNESCO - UNFCCC - UNLB – UNRWA Lebanon - UNWTO - UPU - WDO - WHO - WIPO – WMO - WTO/OMC.