Deadline for applications: 29 May 2015
A FICSA training workshop for staff representatives on workplace health and safety will be held at the IAEA in Vienna on 18 and 19 June 2015. The workshop will be conducted in English by an experienced trainer from the UK-based Trades Union Congress (TUC).
This course addresses both physical and psychosocial work place issues. The following list of topics will be covered:
- stress and anxiety – what it means for staff and organizations
- bullying & harassment
- safety and security (with a focus on field contexts; risk of gender-based violence)
- physical and mental health promotion, including access to health services
- accident & incident investigations
- organizing for greater attention to staff health and wellness
- respectful workplace
- mental health (based on the attached guide from 2011: Managing and supporting mental health at work: disclosure tools for managers)
This workshop is offered free-of-charge to staff representatives from FICSA dues-paying members.1
For other participants, including staff representatives from non-FICSA member organizations the fees are as follow:
- CHF 400 per person;
- For members with consultative or observer status, a 30 per cent discount would be applied.
The Workshop timetable, along with information on hotel accommodation, will be sent directly to the participants upon confirmation of their participation.
To enrol please use theapplication form provided below. Nominations should be signed by the President/Chair of the local staff association/union and sent to the FICSA Secretariat <firstname.lastname@example.org> by no later than 29 May 2015. Seats will be confirmed on a first-come first-served basis, irrespective of the duty station of assignment. The number of participants per workshop is limited to 20. Therefore, it is advisable to register well in advance of the deadline.
ALL TRAVEL-RELATED EXPENSES AND DSA MUST BE COVERED BY THE INDIVIDUAL STAFF ASSOCIATION/UNION OR ADMINISTRATION."wf_file" href="fileadmin/files/Application_form_June2015.doc" target="_blank">Application form
BIOVERSITY - CERN - CTBTO - ECB - ESO - FAO – The Global Fund - IAEA - IARC – ICAO - ICCO - ICO - IFAD - ILO/ITC Turin - IMO - IOC - IOM – IPU – ITER - ITU - OPCW - PAHO - SCBD - UNAIDS - UNESCO – UNFCCC - UNLB – UNRWA Lebanon - UNWTO - UPU – WDO - WHO - WIPO – WMO – WTO/OMC.