Deadline for applications: 11 April 2018
The Federation of International Civil Servants' Associations (FICSA) is pleased to announce that two training courses on writing job descriptions and job classification standards will be hosted under the kind auspices of the ITU Staff Union in Geneva from 25 to 27 April 2018:Room MMontbrillant Building (1st floor)
The workshops, which will be presented in English by Mr. Aaron Peacock, FICSA specialist and trainer (Unit Chief, Learning and Development, OSCE), are aimed at enhancing staff representatives’ knowledge, expertise and confidence in job classification. The following is a brief outline of the workshops (1 day on writing job descriptions and 2 days on job classification standards):
Wednesday, 25 April 2018
Writing job descriptions
- Organizational differences
- Connection to job classification
- Standard techniques, such as use of action verbs, direct language, and covering all elements required for job classification
Thursday and Friday, 26-27 April 2018:
- Brief outline of the principles of classification
- Explanation of classification standards used in the UN-system
- Concise history of the origins of reform in the UN-system
- Role played by classification within the broader reforms
- Explanation of the GLD and NMS, and guidelines on their use
- Outline of the GS and P standards: factors and sub-factors, levels within each factor
- Hands-on exercises, confidence in use of the system
NB. It should be noted that the NMS only works on Windows machines running Explorer.
These workshops are for staff representatives only and are provided free-of-charge for FICSA dues-paying members*
For other participants, including staff representatives from non-FICSA member organizations the fees are as follow:- CHF 100 per person for the workshop on writing job descriptions - CHF 200 per person for the workshop on job classification standards - For members with consultative or observer status, a 30 per cent discount will be applied.
The Workshop timetable, along with information on hotel accommodation, will be sent directly to the participants upon confirmation of their participation.
To sign up please use theattached application form. Nominations should be signed by the President/Chair of the local staff association/union and sent to the FICSA Secretariat ficsa(at)unog.ch by no later than the above-mentioned deadline. Seats will be confirmed on a first-come first-served basis, irrespective of the duty station of assignment. The number of participants per workshop is limited to 40. Therefore, it is advisable to register well in advance of the deadline.
ALL TRAVEL-RELATED EXPENSES AND DSA MUST BE PROVIDED BY THE INDIVIDUAL STAFF ASSOCIATION/UNION OR ADMINISTRATION.
* BIOVERSITY - CERN - CTBTO - ECB - ESO - FAO (GS staff) – The Global Fund - IAEA - IARC – ICAO - ICCO – ICO - IDLO - IFAD - ILO/ITC Turin - IMO - IOC - IOM - IPU – ISSN - ITER - ITU - OPCW - OSCE - PAHO - SCBD - UNAIDS - UNESCO - UNFCCC - UNLB – UNRWA Lebanon - UNWTO - UPU - WDO - WHO - WIPO – WMO - WTO/OMC.