Deadline for applications: 22 June 2018
The Federation of International Civil Servants' Associations (FICSA) is pleased to announce the following workshops:
Ø 2 and 3 July: Mental healthØ 5 and 6 July: Bullying and harassment in the workplace
Both workshops, which are generously sponsored by the WHO/EURO Staff Association, will take place at the WHO Office in Budapest and will be conducted in English by an experienced trainer from the UK.
2 and 3 July: Mental health
This 2-day course will ensure that staff representatives have the requisite capacity to advocate and support a mentally healthy workplace, in particular the capability to address the fear, stigma and misunderstanding of mental health issues. It is currently being developed by the trainer specifically for FICSA and will cover the following topics:
- Mental health – Myths and facts (to develop an understanding of mental health and common mental health conditions)Employer policies (to clarify areas for development/improvement in employer policies)
- Diversity and mental health (how diversity issues affect mental health; its implication for staff association/union members; and consider cultural views of mental health)
- Mental health and sickness absence (current procedures, including staff health insurance)
- Work-related stress (causes and consequences)
- Organizational change and mental health (impact of organizational change on mental health, including implications of short-term contracts and contract renewal)
- Organizing and supporting members in and out of the workplace (the role of the staff association/union in supporting members on mental health issues as well as organizing and campaigning in the workplace on mental health issues)
- Your own mental health wellbeing (the impact the role of being a staff representative has on mental health wellbeing and consider approaches to maintaining mental health wellbeing).
5 and 6 July: Bullying and harassment in the workplace
This 2-day course will enable the staff association/union to raise its profile around the issues of bullying and harassment and help staff representatives to understand workplace bullying and harassment, identify the role of the staff association/union in supporting members in the workplace and identify approaches and solutions to tackling bullying and harassment.
Both workshops are for staff representatives only and are provided free-of-charge for FICSA dues-paying members.*
For other staff representatives from non-FICSA member organizations the fees are as follow:
- CHF 250 per person/per workshop.
- For members with consultative or observer status, a 30 per cent discount would be applied.
The workshop timetables, along with information on hotel accommodation, will be sent directly to the participants upon confirmation of their participation.
To sign up please use the attached application form. Nominations should be signed by the President/Chair of the local staff association/union and sent to the FICSA Secretariat email@example.com by the above-mentioned deadline. Seats will be confirmed on a first-come first-served basis, irrespective of the duty station of assignment. The number of participants is limited to 20. Therefore, it is advisable to register well in advance of the deadline.
ALL TRAVEL-RELATED EXPENSES AND DSA MUST BE COVERED BY THE INDIVIDUAL STAFF ASSOCIATION/UNION OR ADMINISTRATION. ________________* BIOVERSITY - CERN - CTBTO - ECB - ESO - FAO (GS staff) – The Global Fund - IAEA - IARC – ICAO - ICCO – ICO - IDLO - IFAD - ILO/ITC Turin - IMO - IOC - IOM - IPU – ISSN - ITER - ITU - OPCW - OSCE - PAHO - SCBD - UNAIDS - UNESCO - UNFCCC - UNLB – UNRWA Lebanon - UNWTO - UPU - WDO - WHO - WIPO – WMO - WTO/OMC.