Deadline for applications: 5 October 2018
The Federation of International Civil Servants' Associations (FICSA) is pleased to announce that it has organized a one-day workshop for staff on “Working under pressure: emotional intelligence in the workplace” to take place at the IMO in London on 18 October 2018. The workshop will be conducted in English by an experienced trainer from Vienna.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Understand how your emotions drive your behaviour under pressure
- Increase your awareness of your ‘stress triggers’
- Learn how to better respond to tension and pressure
- Identify emotional habits that affect your professional performance
- Understand what motivates you to do your best
- Learn some simple coaching techniques to help others in your team to develop similar skills.
As per standard practice, the workshop is provided free-of-charge for FICSA dues-paying members. For other staff representatives from non-FICSA member organizations the fees are as follow:
- CHF 200 per person;
- For members with consultative or observer status, a 30 per cent discount would be applied.
General information, including recommendations on hotel accommodation, will be sent directly to the participants upon confirmation of their participation.
To sign up please use the attached application form. Nominations should be signed by the President/Chair of the local staff association/union and sent to the FICSA Secretariat ficsa(at)unog.ch by the above-mentioned deadline. Seats will be confirmed on a first-come first-served basis, irrespective of the duty station of assignment. The number of participants is limited to 20. Therefore, it is advisable to register well in advance of the deadline.
ALL TRAVEL-RELATED EXPENSES AND DSA MUST BE COVERED BY THE INDIVIDUAL STAFF ASSOCIATION/UNION OR ADMINISTRATION.
BIOVERSITY - CERN - CSSA - CTBTO - ECB - ESO – FAO - THE GLOBAL FUND - IAEA - IARC - ICAO - ICCO - ICO – IDLO - IFAD - ILO/ITC Turin - IMO - IOC - IOM - IPU – ISSN - ITER - ITU – OPCW - OSCE - PAHO - SCBD - UNAIDS – UNESCO - UNFCCC - UNGSC – UNRWA Lebanon - UNWTO - UPU – WCO - WFP (GS staff) - WHO - WIPO - WMO - WTO.